Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice fruit salad with a special name. I recommend that you divide the salad into dessert dishes before spooning yogurt over the fruit. It looks prettier. (And a sprig of mint never hurt anything!)
- 3 medium tart green apples, cubed
- 2 cups cubed honeydews
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- 3 kiwi fruits, peled,sliced,and quartered
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, orange juice, and peel.
- Spoon over fruit; serve immediately.
Made this weekend for a get together. It was pair with BBQ sandwiches, chips, iced tea, two vegetable salads and eclair dessert. I prepped it ahead of time (the day before) and kept the dressing seperate. I tossed the salad with some lemon juice to keep the apples from browning. Turned out well. Everyone loved the dressing, but the salad is a bit tart without it.