Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made this salad yet, but it has an interesting blend of ingredients. Posted for ZWT8 - Australia, from an Australian food blog "Emely's Recipes".
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 dry mustard
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 small head lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄4 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 banana
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place all dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake vigorously for 30 seconds to mix thoroughly. Set dressing aside.
- Tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.Place in a salad bowl and add cucumber, mandarin orange segments, and red onion.
- Slice banana and sprinkle it with lemon juice to prevent it from turning brown. Add banana to salad bowl. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- At serving time, toss salad with vinaigrette dressing.
I just love the tanginess of the vinaigrette with the combination of the freshness of the salad. And I love the addition of the bananas - was unsure of it - but it really worked out well.
What an awesome salad, it is fresh and I love the addition of mandarin oranges and bananas. The dressing is yummy, too. Made for ZWT8.
Refreshing crisp and sweet. I did used only half the oil. Part of Menu #88991 Made for the Lively Lemon Lovelies ZWT #8. Cheers!