1/2 Photos of Ember's Pork Chops
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
A 2-step method for delicious tender chops. I prefer the grill method of finishing the chops, but if it's not grilling weather, these can be finished in the oven. Cook time does not include marinating overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 center-cut pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1Mix soy sauce, water, brown sugar, molasses and salt, and bring to a boil. Let cool.
- 2Put chops in a pan with bone-side up. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and let stand over-night in refrigerator.
- 3Next day, take pork chops out of sauce, place in baking pan and cover tightly with foil.
- 4Put in 375° oven and bake until chops are tender (about 2 hrs).
- 5While chops are baking, combine all red sauce ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Dilute dry mustard, sugar and water together leaving no lumps. Bring all ingredients to a slight boil. The red sauce is finished.
- 6After chops are tender, remove from oven and dip in the red sauce.
- 7You have 2 methods for finishing the chops:.
- 8Take chops after dipping and place in baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes in 350° oven or until slightly glazed.
- 9For extra flavor, keep at room temperature until you are ready to put on charcoal pit or grill. Have grill as high as possible from coals, not a large bed of coals is needed. Place finished chops on grill, let cook slowly, a little blackening does not hurt chops. Grilling should not take more than 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ember's Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 7317.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 58.1 g
- Protein 36.3 g