Cook2 hrs 30 mins
A 2-step method for delicious tender chops. I prefer the grill method of finishing the chops, but if it's not grilling weather, these can be finished in the oven. Cook time does not include marinating overnight.
- Mix soy sauce, water, brown sugar, molasses and salt, and bring to a boil. Let cool.
- Put chops in a pan with bone-side up. Pour the sauce over the pork chops and let stand over-night in refrigerator.
- Next day, take pork chops out of sauce, place in baking pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Put in 375° oven and bake until chops are tender (about 2 hrs).
- While chops are baking, combine all red sauce ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Dilute dry mustard, sugar and water together leaving no lumps. Bring all ingredients to a slight boil. The red sauce is finished.
- After chops are tender, remove from oven and dip in the red sauce.
- You have 2 methods for finishing the chops:.
- Take chops after dipping and place in baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes in 350° oven or until slightly glazed.
- For extra flavor, keep at room temperature until you are ready to put on charcoal pit or grill. Have grill as high as possible from coals, not a large bed of coals is needed. Place finished chops on grill, let cook slowly, a little blackening does not hurt chops. Grilling should not take more than 15 minutes.
These were really tastey and not tuff or dried out. I did the second step in the oven since I alreay had it on for something else, but next time I will grill them. I used thick center-cut boneless chops and they worked great! Made for Week 3 Football Pool win 2010.
Delicious! This looks time consuming but it was really easy. Due to time constraints I only marinated the chops for a few hours, but they were still delicious. I did not have any chili sauce on hand (go figure - I always have it on hand?.?.?) so I used Chili Sauce Substitute . Turned out great. I used the grill method. Great flavors, my family had high praises!!
What a delicious Friday night dinner. I served the pork chops with Dish Pan Potatoes for dinner. I really liked the idea of getting the pork chops ready the night before. I used bottled Heinz chili sauce in the red sauce, and used a whisk to blend everthing together well. Had to print both recipes for my guests to take home!