Recipe by Sarah Chana
This one is so easy, I'm embarrassed to enter it here. This recipe has gotten me thru impossible seasons with just too many guests, not enough help, and NOT enough time. It is truly delicious, and somehow, men, in particular, cannot get enough of it. I got this recipe from a friend, who got it from a friend, and so on. Please pass it along to another harried person. BTW, it is pretty versatile. If you don't have sweet wine, try some not so sweet wine and toss in something sweet (honey? sugar?) (not too much) to give it that nice flavor. You can use red or white wine. Whatever is laying around the house.
Top Review by Ilysse
I made this a long times ago but I guess I forgot to review it. I'm adding it to my passover list. It was very good, I used Mogen David Blackberry Wine, chicken thighs, and lots more onions. Yummy and easy.
- 2 roasting chickens, cut up
- garlic powder
- 1 large onion, sliced thin (or two small onions, sliced thin)
- 2 cups sweet wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chicken in a baking pan. Sprinkle with garlic powder. (Don't be skimpy; you can never have too much garlic on chicken!).
- Lay the onion pieces atop the chicken, spreading them around.
- Unceremoniously, pour the wine over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350F for 90 minutes; then uncover and bake for another 30 minutes to get nice, crispy onions, and a lovely glazed skin.