Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Embarrassing because it's so easy and because it's definitely not diet food! The first time I made it, my husband, son and I ate it all up and didn't leave any for our daughter who was late, another reason to be embarrassed...
- 1 (9 ounce) package tortilla chips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (1 lb) can chili without beans
- 6 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Put tortilla chips in bottom of a greased casserole dish. Top with onions and then chili. Cover with cheese, using as much as desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is well heated.
So good! This reminds me of the old Frito Pie that I've always loved. After reading your intro, I made these in individual dishes so that I could save one for my grandson, lol. I used chili with beans because that's what I had on hand, and added a couple of tablespoons of monterey jack cheese at the end. Also added a small dollop of sour cream and some jalapenos for garnish. When my grandson got home he reheated his in the microwave and that worked quite well. Thanks for posting this puppitypup.
This was good and very easy. I did change it up a little though. My hubby said he really liked it so that was a nice touch.
This was really good and easy to make. I used Bush's no bean chili and didn't add the onions. I didn't measure the cheese either- just dumped it on. Cooked it in the microwave instead of the oven. My kids said I can make this more often!