1/4 Photos of Emaw's Goulash
As some of you know I have been attempting to record my mother's recipes for all eternity. This has been one of my all time comfort meals all my life. Some of the ingredients would change depending on how much $$ we had at the time. Feel free to add any seasoning you might like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, diced and smashed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, dice if using whole, do not drain
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces dreamfield elbow macaroni
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1Prepare elbow macaroni according to directions on package till al dente.
- 2Save a little of the pasta water in case you need it later to loosen the sauce.
- 3Brown meat in a large skillet, drain the fat and add the onion and bell pepper half way through cooking.
- 4Drain any ramaining fat when onion and pepper is done and add garlic, stir it about.
- 5Add the meat mixture to the cooked macaroni, add the canned tomatoes, corn and sauce.
- 6Mix all this together and add seasoning to taste.
- 7You may need to add some of the pasta water to loosen the sauce if it is too dry.
- 8This is really good the next day too.
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emaw's Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.3
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 674.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 23.2 g