Recipe by riffraff
This is my mother's dressing recipe, finally captured on paper, lol. We use her cornbread recipe to make this as the pre-made mixes are very sweet and affect the taste of the dressing in a really not so good way.
Top Review by CarribeQueen
My mom used to make this when I was a child! She never wrote it down but as a teen I helped her in the kitchen and remember these ingredients being used. This is the closest to what I remember her recipe tasting like. Thanks for posting, this is definetly a keeper for us and it brings back Holiday memories!
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, large dice
- 1 cup onion, large dice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sage
- 9 cups cornbread, crumbled
- 8 -9 cups of super hot chicken broth or 8 -9 cups turkey broth, I use homemade
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients except stock.
- Pour hot stock over everything and mix well.
- Pour into a large casserole or roasting pan.
- I use a 12 x 14 x 6 pan.
- Bake for at least one hour, depending on the size pan you use, you may have to bake an additional half hour.