Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mother's dressing recipe, finally captured on paper, lol. We use her cornbread recipe to make this as the pre-made mixes are very sweet and affect the taste of the dressing in a really not so good way.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients except stock.
- Pour hot stock over everything and mix well.
- Pour into a large casserole or roasting pan.
- I use a 12 x 14 x 6 pan.
- Bake for at least one hour, depending on the size pan you use, you may have to bake an additional half hour.
My mom used to make this when I was a child! She never wrote it down but as a teen I helped her in the kitchen and remember these ingredients being used. This is the closest to what I remember her recipe tasting like. Thanks for posting, this is definetly a keeper for us and it brings back Holiday memories!
I made this for Thanksgiving dinner and it was excellent. I used dry parsley flakes and poultry seasoning versus sage since it's what I had on hand. I also added lots of black pepper. It was moist and delish!
This is the only kind of dressing I have ever had. The only change I make is to omit celery for my dh. Thank you for getting her to admit the true recipe :)