Recipe by riffraff
Emaw is my Momma and this is her recipe. She is very specific in her instructions and she guarantees (if you do what she says, lol) a family pleasing dish. Great flavor and great on a cold night.
Top Review by TeresaJean
Easy dinner, I reduced the water a bit but the fritos were still a bit too mushy. However, my family still ate it up! Next time I will reduce the water a bit more and cutback on the cooking time a few minutes.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag Fritos corn chips
- 1 (19 ounce) can chili without beans (PLEASE or equivalant homemade)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped coarsely
- 8 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat chili and water in small saucepan over medium heat till hot.
- Put Fritos in a 2 or 3 quart baking dish.
- Scatter chopped onions over the Fritos (do not stir).
- Place 4 slices of American cheese on top.
- Pour heated chili and water over all this.
- Put remaining cheese on top of chili (do not stir).
- Pour tomatoes and juice over this AND DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350 degrees for an hour or until bubbly in the center.