Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My emah (mother) was famous for her matzo balls. We enjoyed them year round and now my sister and I continue the tradition. We prefered them to be thick and dense. If you prefer light and fluffy matzo balls just boil them longer.
- Mix the first four ingredients. Add salt, pepper and parsley (flakes can be used instead of fresh to save time)to taste. If you use a lot of parsley the matzo balls will take on a green color. Using a food processor will definitely assist in properly mixing all of the ingredients.
- Chill in the freezer for twenty minutes.
- Mold balls with wet hands.
- Carefully place the balls into a large pot of boiling water, chicken stock or chicken broth.
- Boil for 45 minutes.
- The matzo balls can be removed from the liquid and stored in the refirdgerator in an air tight container or for additional flavor keep them in the liquid.
- To make additional balls double, triple, quadruple, etc., the recipe as needed.
These are definitely floaters and i love the addition of the parsley, very good in my home made jewish penicillin :)