Recipe by Lennie
This is from my celebrity recipe collection. I'm not sure I will ever try this, mind you.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
I only wish Chef Elvis would try these.I was very dubious about trying them,and I had them at a wonderful place in Murphysboro Ill. called the 17th Street Bar and Grill,we were there with a crowd ad we could not stop eating them,they were delicious,Not 1 peson there didn't like them and there were 20 of us that night.YUM YUM Darlene Summers
- 8 dill pickles
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut dill pickles in slices as thick as a silver dollar.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients except the oil to form a batter.
- Dip the pickle slices in the batter and quickly fry in oil heated to 375 degrees until pickles float to the top, about 4 minutes.