Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is from my celebrity recipe collection. I'm not sure I will ever try this, mind you.
Make and share this Elvis's Fried Dill Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 8 dill pickles
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- oil (for deep frying)
- Cut dill pickles in slices as thick as a silver dollar.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients except the oil to form a batter.
- Dip the pickle slices in the batter and quickly fry in oil heated to 375 degrees until pickles float to the top, about 4 minutes.
I only wish Chef Elvis would try these.I was very dubious about trying them,and I had them at a wonderful place in Murphysboro Ill. called the 17th Street Bar and Grill,we were there with a crowd ad we could not stop eating them,they were delicious,Not 1 peson there didn't like them and there were 20 of us that night.YUM YUM Darlene Summers
You really should try these, Fried Dill Pickles are the best! You can also use dill pickle chips. Sonic used to sell them at "some" of their locations until a few years ago.....
Really good fried pickles. I made these for hubby, son, and hubby's cousin. My son walked out of the room and came back in a few minutes later and wondered why they were all gone. Followed the directions exactly. Thank Lennie for a great recipe.