Haven't gotten to make this yet but I saw Paula Deen's show today and my mouth was just watering. YUM! Paula's show was on "Elvis's favorite foods with a twist". This meatloaf was one of the recipes and I thought I would share it with everyone.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning (Paula Deen's House Seasoning Mix)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed up
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices bread
for the cheese sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk (or 1/2 milk and 1/2 whipping cream)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Grease a deep dish meatloaf pan with pam.
- Place 2 slices of bread on bottom of dish (this will catch the grease from the meatloaf).
- Mix together, ground beef,house seasoning,chopped onion and green pepper,1c shredded cheese, worcestershire sauce,sour cream,ritz crackers and black pepper.
- Place in meatloaf dish and bake 45 minutes.
- Discard bread pieces after baking. Place meatloaf on a large plate.
- For the cheese sauce --.
- Place soup, milk (whipping cream if using)in a sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
- Add 1 1/2c. cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- When cheese is melted add, green onion and parsley if desired.
- Pour over meatloaf and enjoy!