Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Haven't gotten to make this yet but I saw Paula Deen's show today and my mouth was just watering. YUM! Paula's show was on "Elvis's favorite foods with a twist". This meatloaf was one of the recipes and I thought I would share it with everyone.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon house seasoning (Paula Deen's House Seasoning Mix)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed up
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices bread
for the cheese sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk (or 1/2 milk and 1/2 whipping cream)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350'.
- Grease a deep dish meatloaf pan with pam.
- Place 2 slices of bread on bottom of dish (this will catch the grease from the meatloaf).
- Mix together, ground beef,house seasoning,chopped onion and green pepper,1c shredded cheese, worcestershire sauce,sour cream,ritz crackers and black pepper.
- Place in meatloaf dish and bake 45 minutes.
- Discard bread pieces after baking. Place meatloaf on a large plate.
- For the cheese sauce --.
- Place soup, milk (whipping cream if using)in a sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
- Add 1 1/2c. cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- When cheese is melted add, green onion and parsley if desired.
- Pour over meatloaf and enjoy!
We really thought this was good. I replaced the green pepper with red because that's what I had. This is a change up from my regular recipe for meatloaf and will be making it again.
I made this meatloaf exactly as written except I always sweat my onions and green peppers for meatloaf just enough to soften before adding to the meat mixture. Delightfully tasty flavors. We do not glaze our meatloaf with ketchup and the family declared it a keeper.
Anything I can make that my 6-year old son will eat is a winner in my book. This had wonderful flavor, and was enjoyed by the entire family (except my 3-year old son). I will definitely make this again!