Recipe by veggiemomcook
Peanut butter banana muffins - these are high in protein and very healthy! If you want to be really decadent you could add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips too.
Top Review by Nickeletta
These muffins were good but I didn't think they had much banana or peanut butter flavor... I sprinkled just a few mini chocolate chips on top prior to baking. They are a nice moist muffin, and I like that they have very little sugar in the recipe.
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in one large bowl.
- Put peanut butter and butter in glass measuring cup and microwave until melted, about 40 seconds.
- Add peanut butter/butter mix to wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix gently. (Not too much!)
- Bake at 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.