Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Peanut butter banana muffins - these are high in protein and very healthy! If you want to be really decadent you could add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips too.
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Mix dry ingredients in one large bowl.
- Put peanut butter and butter in glass measuring cup and microwave until melted, about 40 seconds.
- Add peanut butter/butter mix to wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix gently. (Not too much!)
- Bake at 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
These muffins were good but I didn't think they had much banana or peanut butter flavor... I sprinkled just a few mini chocolate chips on top prior to baking. They are a nice moist muffin, and I like that they have very little sugar in the recipe.
I just finished eating two of these delicious, healthy muffins. Changes I made: decreased the peanut butter to 1/2 cup; used whole wheat pastry flour instead of unbleached; added 1 cup of mini chocolate chips; topped muffins with light sprinkle of white sugar; baked for 27 minutes. The recipe made 12 generous muffins that taste wonderful. Next time I may add flax seed, to up the fiber. Thanks so much for this great recipe.