Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from my "Recipes from Graceland" cookbook that I got this summer. This is typical Elvis.
- cook sweet potatoes, peel and mash.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend sweet potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in eggs and milk.
- Pour into a square baking dish.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with pecans and marshmallows and return to oven for 5 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and browned.
This is the BEST recipe!! I get requests for it at Thanksgiving & Christmas. I like a sweeter casserole, so I increase the brown sugar to 3/4 c. packed and the cinnamon to 3/4 tsp. I also add 1/4 c. of crushed pineapple....just because I like it. Some reviewers didn't know what to do with the butter. I just added it while I was mashing the potatoes and used it to grease the pan. If you are looking for a recipe to keep for years, this is the one. Thanks John!!
Really good...will make again.
Went over well at Thanksgiving, although one person thought they were a little thin.