I came across this recipe online, and as soon as I saw it- I KNEW I had to write it down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 milk chocolate Hershey chocolate kisses
then top with peanut butter frosting (see directions)
- 1In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, bananas and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- 2Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into each paper-lined muffin cup. Top each with a chocolate kiss, pointed side down. Fill cups two-thirds full with remaining batter.
- 3Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with chocolate chips if desired.
- 5*** PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING:.
- 61/3 cup creamy peanut butter.
- 72 cups confectioners' sugar.
- 81 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 93 to 4 tablespoons milk.
- 10Milk chocolate chips, (optional).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elvis Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 286.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g