Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Found this in the Miami Herald - am going to give it a whirl. Has all the right stuff... & it snowed today... The King's favorite sandwich lives on in this cookie. Go with your gut -- not your head -- on this one; the combination of peanut butter, bacon and bananas really is delicious.
- 236.59 ml smooth peanut butter
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml bacon, crumbled cooked (about 6 strips)
- 118.29 ml banana, firm diced
- In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and two sugars. Use an electric mixer on medium to beat until well combined. Beat in the egg until just combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. With the mixer on low, add flour and soda to peanut butter mixture, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gently mix in the bacon and bananas, trying not to mash the bananas.
- Using slightly wet hands, roll rounded teaspoons of dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch between them. Dip the tines of a fork into water, then flatten the cookies until they are about 1 ½ inches around.
- Bake on the middle rack for 11 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes, then remove with a spatula to racks to cool completely. .