Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
my grandkids love these cookies..we make them at other times than Christmas..
Make and share this Elves Belly Buttons.. recipe from Food.com.
- cream crisco, sugar and gelatin together.
- beat eggs in and add almond extract.mix well.
- mix remaining ingredients together and add gradually to creamed mixture -- stirring well.
- chill dough overnight.
- when ready to bake, shape dough into small balls.
- and roll in granulated sugar.
- place on greased sheet.make indentation in cookie with thumb and place red cinnamon candy or quartered maraschino cherry in deperession.
- bake at 375* for 10 minutes.
I so wanted to like this recipe, but the combination of lime, almond, and cinnamon candies just didn't work. I plan to try to manipulate the recipe to something that will work. Either leave out the jello and use more regular sugar with a bit of food coloring and add peppermint flavor instead of almond flavor, or leave the jello and try mini M&Ms or skittles for the belly buttons...