1/3 Photos of Elswet's Uber - Tangy Chicken Pepperoni
1 hr 20 mins
This is quite spicy and takes a bit of a fuss to make, but it is way more than worth it. If you are serving children, I recommend leaving out the Tabasco and all the peppers, save for the black pepper as it may be way too hot for them. If you love Italian food, I highly suggest giving this a try. It is most excellent and great with any type of pasta. Works well with home baked Italian bread and a nice garden salad with lettuce and spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces whole grain pasta, of your choice
- 3 ounces italian style sliced pepperoni (cut into small pieces, about 6 pieces per slice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose whole grain wheat flour
- 1/2 cup mushroom, minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium white onions (finely chopped) or 1 medium purple onion (finely chopped)
- 1 lb deboned bite sized chicken breast
- 28 ounces peeled crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Prepare pasta by instructions on box using salted water; rinse, drain and set aside.
- 2Over a medium heat, in a large skillet, saute celery, bell pepper, onion and mushroom in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until onion is clear.
- 3Add pepper flakes, oregano, basil, garlic, black pepper and salt.
- 4Cook [stirring often] for another 5 minutes.
- 5Add cayenne pepper, Tabasco® sauce, pepperoni and chicken; stir, cover and cook over medium heat until chicken pieces outsides are white.
- 6While chicken cooks, in another medium skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, add the remaining garlic and mix very well.
- 7When oil is hot, SLOWLY stir in the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time mixing well until it is a thick paste.
- 8Stop adding the flour and remove from heat.
- 9Mix in 8 tablespoons of the tomatoes and blend very well, quickly, into a thick tomato paste.
- 10Add remaining tomatoes, stirring during addition and mix until thoroughly blended.
- 11Stir into cooked chicken mixture, add cream cheese and blend well.
- 12Return to heat and cook an additional 8 minutes to ensure thorough heating of the tomatoes and melting of the cream cheese.
- 13Either mix into cooked prepared pasta, or spoon over a bed of the pasta.
- 14Top with grated parmesan and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elswet's Uber - Tangy Chicken Pepperoni
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.2
- Calories from Fat 353
- Total Fat 39.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.0 mg
- Sodium 1705.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 46.2 g