1/2 Photos of Elswet's Smothered Piggy Baked Chicken Breast
This is my favorite way to prepare chicken breasts. They go with darned near any side dish, and taste so darned good! Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup fat free butter substitute
- 4 slices low-fat ham, deli sliced, very thin
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly chopped
- 4 black olives, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1Slice chicken breasts in half and roll in whole wheat flour. Lightly brown in butter substitute.
- 2Place in a baking dish and cover with sliced ham and cheese. Set aside.
- 3Saute onion and garlic until clear, add olives, herbs, and wine.
- 4Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 8 minutes.
- 5Add in 1 tablespoon of remaining flour [from breading the chicken] and stir until completely disolved. Add milk. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- 6Ladle over chicken and bake at 375°F for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elswet's Smothered Piggy Baked Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 92.6 mg
- Sodium 703.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free butter substitute