Recipe by Pagan
As the title indicates, this is the low fat version of Fecipe #113620 for those of us who are watching what we eat. It does lose a bit in the translation, but it is still quite tasty and highly enjoyable.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined or 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup fat free butter substitute, plus
- 2 tablespoons fat free butter substitute
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat parmesan cheese, finely grated to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wine, olive oil, butter, margarine, and garlic in a large skillet on medium heat until it just starts to boil.
- Then add all the other spices, lemon juice, and parsley flakes; stir in and immediately add shrimp.
- Cook for about 4 or 5 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Don't overcook!
- If using this recipe with chicken, cook approximately 8-12 minutes, until the chicken bits are cooked throughout.
- Spoon shrimp/chicken into toasting/baking dish with some of the cooking sauce and top liberally with parmesan cheese.
- Preheat at "toast" or broil temperature for 5 minutes and Broil/toast for 2 minutes ONLY!.
- Serve this as is, with home made Italian bread, or over a bed of tri-colored pasta, Elswet's Crab Dressing [which see], or Elswet's Jasmine Rice [also which see].