This is an old recipe from Elswet's mother. We have no idea where it came from, but the family name was McQueen. ;) This is the diabetic version. The alternate ["normal"] ingredients are listed as comments.
- 1 cup fat-free margarine, we use Promise it works beautifully, may use real butter if you have no dietary concerns
- 1⁄3 cup artificial sweetener, we use Altern by WalMart, may use 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar XXX if you have no dietary concerns p
- 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, measure before sifting, may use 2 cups all purpose white flour if you have no dietary concerns
- Cream together the sugar and butter, adding sugar in slowly. Sift in the flour slowly, mixing as you add.
- Turn out onto a LIGHTLY floured board, and knead until thoroughly mixed, approximately 12-15 times.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thickness, cut and place on parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F Allow to cool on baking sheet, placed on baking rack.
i baked these for a diabetic family member and they were pretty sweet and tasty but im really used to the taste of low fat. they had kind of a rubber texture, but i guess thats to be expected.