1/3 Photos of Elswet's Jasmine Rice
This is jasmine rice as served with Juanita's Seafood Gumbo or Elswet's Pot Roast. It is not overpowering and can be served with any style meat entre from chicken to lasagne to seafood and anything in between. Very versatile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Deposit the loose tea into a tea ball and drop into the 1/4 cup hot water and let steep.
- 2Pour 5 cups cold water to a 2 quart pot, add 1 teaspoon salt and rice, and bring to boil.
- 3Reduce heat and cook until done; approximately 20 minutes.
- 4When fully cooked, drain rice and deposit into a large bowl.
- 5Add margarine, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper, stirring well to mix.
- 6Remove tea ball from 1/4 cup jasmine tea and set aside; pour tea over rice and stir well to mix.
- 7Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elswet's Jasmine Rice
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.5
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 767.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: