This is jasmine rice as served with Juanita's Seafood Gumbo or Elswet's Pot Roast. It is not overpowering and can be served with any style meat entre from chicken to lasagne to seafood and anything in between. Very versatile.
- Deposit the loose tea into a tea ball and drop into the 1/4 cup hot water and let steep.
- Pour 5 cups cold water to a 2 quart pot, add 1 teaspoon salt and rice, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until done; approximately 20 minutes.
- When fully cooked, drain rice and deposit into a large bowl.
- Add margarine, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper, stirring well to mix.
- Remove tea ball from 1/4 cup jasmine tea and set aside; pour tea over rice and stir well to mix.
- Serve and enjoy!