Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray/Elsa Scuderi (Rachael's mom). Great with Elsa's Spaghetti. Serve with cheesy bread to soak up the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs Italian sausage, mixture of hot & sweet varieties
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, 3 thinly sliced, 1 cracked from skin
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce, thinned out with 1/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Place sausage on a baking sheet and liberally drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Approx 2 tablespoons
- 3Place in hot oven and roast until casings are crisp and juices run clear, somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes.
- 4Remove from oven, let sausages rest.
- 5While sausages roast, heat a skillet over medium heat with 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and sliced garlic.
- 6Simmer garlic in olive oil 2 to 3 minutes then add peppers and onions. Turn the heat up a notch and cook until the vegetables are tender but the peppers still hold strong color, 5-6 minutes.
- 7Add thinned tomato sauce, salt and pepper and reduce.
- 8turn heat back to low and hold the veggies until the sausage comes out of the oven.
- 9Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elsa's Roasted Sausage, Peppers & Onions
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1164.7
- Calories from Fat 851
- Total Fat 94.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 161.7 mg
- Sodium 3509.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 55.6 g