Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Filipino dish that I learned from a friend of mine. Any time she had a party, she served this dish. I think it is traditional party food in the Philippines. You can change up the ingredients (meats, veggies) anyway you like.
- Place noodles in bowl and cover with warm water to soften.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add little bit of oil and sauté the chicken until done.
- Remove from the skillet and add carrots, celery, and cabbage. Cook for a few minutes until slightly tender.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the skillet.
- Put the chicken back in and add the soy sauce and pepper to taste.
- You may garnish with green onions if you like.
- For a party, add things like pork or shrimp chopped into small bite size pieces.
I love pancit and found this to be a solid recipe. To add more depth to the flavor I would add some oyster sauce. Meats used can be varied, I think pork and schrimp is a tasty combination. I urge others to try this dish which is a celebration dish in the Phillipines. Thanks for posting! Prepared and reviewed for P.A.C. Spring 2008.