Recipe by Kizzikate
My "other mother", Elouise Stone, gave me this recipe when I was a starving college student. Now after 30+ years, my kids and grandkids are keeping the tradition alive! Simple, satisfying, and inexpensive. I use either plain or vinegar flavored thin potato chips.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, packed in water, and drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 6 ounces potato chips, lightly crushed
- paprika (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place soup in a small saucepan, stir in 1/2 cup water. Heat over medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cover bottom of a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with chips. Sprinkle with 1 can of drained tuna. Top with another layer of chips. Top this with 1/2 of the heated soup.
- Add another layer of tuna, then the remaining chips. Pour remaining soup over all, and poke a few holes to allow soup to seep inches Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes at 350%. Uncover, bake an additional 10 minutes.