Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Grilled corn on the cob is a popular street food throughout Mexico. Special carts equipped with charcoal burners, a small wash tub, and condiment jars are peddled (literally) throughout the neighborhoods with the vendors shouting "Elotes" Some of the best corn-on-the-cob I have eaten!
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Cotija cheese (Mexican Parmesan)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anejo chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears shucked corn
- cooking spray
- Prepare grill. Combine mayonnaise and juice in a small bowl. Combine cheese and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in another small bowl.
- Place corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill corn 12 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Remove corn from grill; brush with mayonnaise mixture, and sprinkle with cheese mixture. Serve immediately.