Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Where I live you always see Elote sold from little carts. Deliciously different! From Cooking Light magazine. I prefer mine without the lime juice.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (fat free is fine)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- Prepare grill.
- Combine mayo and juice (if using) in a small bowl.
- Combine cheese and seasonings in another small bowl.
- Place corn on grill rack that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Grill corn 12 minutes or until tender, turning frequently.
- Remove from grill and brush with mayo mixture, and sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- Serve immediately.
This was amazing and went over super well at a Mexican themed feast we threw for our roommate. I substituted Cojita for the parm but otherwise made as directed.
I love this recipe! I remember having elote as a child growing up in Texas, but couldn't ever remember how to make it. This recipe is perfect. Thank you so much for posting it. The texture of the cheese is awesome. I used lemon juice instead of pepper when i made it for the second time and it was a nice twist. Bueno!
this corn is so good! we mix all these ingredients up using hot sauce instead of the ground peppers, then add it to a steamed bag of frozen corn. we make this at least once a week! great with grilled chicken.