Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My daughter and I adapted this recipe to add some personal favorite tastes such as: cream cheese, and vanilla. It is a moist, yet fluffy strawberry cake with a few different ingredients. It's baked at a lower temp of 325 because of the yogurt. Enjoy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup frozen strawberries, thawed, chopped (may use fresh)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl mix butter, sugar, and cream cheese, blend until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, into bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Fold in strawberries and yogurt, stirring until combined.
- In a seperate bowl mix, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour flour mixture into batter and stir, just until combined (do not over mix).
- Pour into greased and floured Loaf or bundt pan. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until done.
- Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes before serving.
Butter, vanilla, cream cheese and strawberries, wow! All my favorites too. The only change that I made to the recipe was that I added a lot more strawberries to the batter. They were very tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
it`s the best!