Recipe by Clifford Boren
Delicious and very, very easy to make. Serve it with fresh fruit, melons, grapes, etc. Makes a satisfying light dinner with a flute of champagne. Can be rather romantic with the right table fixtures.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, diced
- 1 cup fat-free swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 eggs or 2 equivalent egg substitute
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into rings (to garnish)
- 1 package frozen white and yellow corn
- 1 cup diced mushroom
- creole seasoning (I use a lot)
- 1 cup milk (I use soy milk)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put ham, cheese, and onion in pie shell.
- Whisk milk and eggs together with the seasoning.
- Pour egg mix over the stuff in the pie shell.
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let rest outside of oven for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with bell pepper.
- Dig in and enjoy!