This delicious salad is a good choice for company since you can prepare it the night before. We have an ongoing battle in our family over Best Foods/Hellmans vs. Miracle Whip. You can use either here. Recipe is from my Aunt Eloise.
- Tear lettuce into a 9 x 9 pan. (Use your hands rather than a knife so that the lettuce won't turn brown.).
- Spread celery, green onions, water chestnuts and peas over lettuce.
- Mix sugar and mayonnaise and spread over peas.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and top with egg slices.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.