Recipe by Gingerbee
This is a quick and easy sugar cookie perfect for your favorite cutout cookies.
Top Review by day-hee
These sugar cookies are simple and delicious. Making the dough is really quick, too, though the rolling and cutting does take a bit of time. I made a half batch of the recipe on two separate occasions this week, the second time dividing the dough into 3 batches: one plain, one with mixed dried fruit (raisins, craisins and blueberries), and one with mini chocolate chips. They all came out beautifully; thin and crisp! I highly recommend this recipe and will definitely use it again and again.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients and add slowly to butter cream mixture until incorporated.
- Roll out on lightly floured board to desired thickness.
- Cutout 2-1/2" hearts and bake at 400 degrees for 7- 10 minutes.
- Should be light in color with light browning on the edges.