Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is a quick and easy sugar cookie perfect for your favorite cutout cookies.
Make and share this Eloise's Easy Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix all dry ingredients and add slowly to butter cream mixture until incorporated.
- Roll out on lightly floured board to desired thickness.
- Cutout 2-1/2" hearts and bake at 400 degrees for 7- 10 minutes.
- Should be light in color with light browning on the edges.
These sugar cookies are simple and delicious. Making the dough is really quick, too, though the rolling and cutting does take a bit of time. I made a half batch of the recipe on two separate occasions this week, the second time dividing the dough into 3 batches: one plain, one with mixed dried fruit (raisins, craisins and blueberries), and one with mini chocolate chips. They all came out beautifully; thin and crisp! I highly recommend this recipe and will definitely use it again and again.
Awesome, easy recipe! I made this gluten-free and vegan by substituting gluten-free all purpose flour and coconut milk instead of eggs. Delicious!
I wanted to make sugar cookies all week and found this recipe here online, so I thought I'd try it. I have made sugar cookies many times before, but I felt like trying this particular recipe, and I must say they turned out perfectly. You can actually put less of certain ingredients to make it to your own taste. The only change I made was I used less sugar, since I used Splenda mixed with Brown Sugar. They are delizioso, especially with Tea.