1/1 Photo of Elmo's Sacher Dream Torte
1 hr 30 mins
This is a little something I made up while waiting out the recent "Elmo" snowstorm. It is a variation on the traditional sacher torte, but from everybody's reaction , probably a good variation. It will take awhile to make, so plan to have some time for prep.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced very thin
- 1 cup strawberry pie filling
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 2 cups dark chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups imported dark chocolate, chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup strawberry liqueur
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, thawed
- 2Mix the cake mix per directions. I added a bit more oil and 1 less egg.
- 3than called for on the box ( 2 eggs per my recipe). Cook for 24 minutes,.
- 4in two 9 inch round cake pans. I used Bakers Pride cook spray in the pans.
- 5Cool on racks for 5 to 10 minutes and remove to flat surface to finish cooling.
- 6I cover the cakes with a clean kitchen towel so they stay moist.
- 7When cool , slice in half diameter-wise so you have four 9 inch diameter cake layers about 1 inch thick.
- 8Hint: I used a thin plastic cutting board to section and move the slices.
- 9Strawberry jelly filling.
- 10Blend on high the cup of filling, the jelly and the cordial liquor in a bowl.
- 11Blend until smooth and any large fruit is thoroughly homogenized.
- 12refrigerate until needed.
- 13Strawberry creme filling:.
- 14In the microwave melt the white chocolate, on high for 30 secsonds.
- 15Repeat and stir between melting intervals. DO NOT cook for longer than 30 seconds at a time or risk burning the chocolate. You could also double boiler melt the chocolate as alternate method.
- 16Add 1/4 cup heavy cream, save the rest for the outside frosting grenache.
- 17Slowly add the creme cheese and 1 half of the strawberry filling and jelly to medium mix/blending.
- 18Add 2 tablespoons sugar to the mix.
- 19Blend for 5-10 minutes or until very creamy and uniform.
- 20Refrigerate immediatly.
- 21Chocolate grenache frosting.
- 22Using the microwave as stated before, melt the entire 2 cups of dark chocolate until totally melted. Add 1/2 -3/4 cup heavy cream.
- 23Add the butter and mix/blend on high until creamy.
- 24Do not refrigerate. You need this pliable to spead on the outside of the cake.
- 25Assemble the layers :.
- 26first lay one cake layer on serving dish and covering first with.
- 27Strawberry creme mix .
- 28Next, lay another layer of cake on top and layer this with the strawberry jelly mix and then add another layer of cake on top.
- 29Use the thin plastic cutting board to help position the layers, sliding the layers over and neatly on top .
- 30Finish layering the third level with the strawberry creme mix and add the final layer on top.
- 31Using a wide spatula , layer the entire ouside of the cake in the dark chocolate grenache mix. Go slowly and do not try to spread too.
- 32aggresively. When covered and smooth, top with a white chocolate or vanilla frosting "S" in the middle, and or drizzle melted white chocolate on edges as I did.
- 33Serves 8-10 very happy chocolate lovers.
You Might Also Like...View All Fillings and Frostings Chocolate Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elmo's Sacher Dream Torte
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 873.6
- Calories from Fat 708
- Total Fat 78.7 g
- Saturated Fat 44.5 g
- Cholesterol 208.6 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry pie filling
dark chocolate cake mix