- soup bone with meat
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 -4 stalks celery
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups orzo pasta (rice shaped)
- to taste cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover soup meat with water. Add celery, onion, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain broth (about 8 cups) into another pan and bring to a boil. Add orzo. Cook about 10 to 12 minutes or until tender.
- Serve with lots of grated cheese sprinkled on top.
- Soup meat can be cut into small pieces and combined with lettuce, sliced onions, oil and vinegar for a good salad. Or meat can be added to soup.