1/1 Photo of Elmira Peach Pie
1 hr 5 mins
curly top's Note:
This creamy, peach n cheesecake pie is inspired by a creamy peach pie from Elmira, Ontario in a book of traditional Canadian recipes. I now live in a different Elmira and have adopted the name for my pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pastry for double-crust deep dish pie
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 29 ounces peach slices in syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Fit one shell into pan and flute edge.
- 2Roll other shell flat and cut into small strips to make a lattice top.
- 3Peach layer:.
- 4Drain peaches and reserve syrup.
- 5Combine peaches, sugar, cornstarch, corn syrup, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla.
- 6Pour peach mix into pie shell and dot with butter.
- 7Cheesecake layer:.
- 8In small sauce pan over med heat, combine eggs, sugar, lemon juice and peach syrup.
- 9Cook, stirring constantly until thick.
- 10Blend together cream cheese and sour cream.
- 11Add hot mixture and beat until smooth.
- 12Pour cheesecake mix over peaches.
- 13Cover with strips of crust in lattice (over and under) pattern and brush with peach syrup.
- 14Bake at 425 F for 10 minutes.
- 15Cover edges with foil, then bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elmira Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 668.8
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 104.7 mg
- Sodium 422.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 48.2 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: