Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 3 (3 ounce) packages cherry gelatin
- 9 cups boiling water
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 2 (46 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale
- Dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water in a large saucepan.
- In a separate saucepan boil together the sugar and 4 cups water.
- Add the pineapple juice, orange juice and lemon juice. Cool.
- Combine the gelatin and juice mixtures.
- Pour into plastic containers and freeze. Set out about 3 hours before serving.
- Add the ginger ale just before serving.
- The punch will be slushy.
Wonderful for any large party...change jello to any flavor, make a few ice cubes with some of the mixture and add any fruit to float in punch
Made it for daughter's wedding, a GREAT hit!!
I made this punch for an event I was having and since then I have had several requests to make it for graduation parties, weddings, and other events. For very large crowds you can double the ginger ale and the taste is still great!