Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nascar favorite Elliott Sadler's recipe.
Make and share this Elliott Sadler's BBQ Chicken and Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (18 ounce) bottles barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 3 tablespoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 cup white converted long grain rice
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut up
- Chicken: In a medium size bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, sugar, pepper, seasoned salt and vinegar. Whisk until combined. Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag and add sauce. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook; Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium-low heat. Heat oven to 375°. Grill chicken over medium-low heat for 45 minutes, or until meat registers 170°.
- Brown Rice: In a medium size baking dish, combine beef broth, consomme, rice, onion and butter. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Allow chicken and rice to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Delicious, and fun to make. I followed the recipe pretty closely, with one major exception. Because it's currently a cold winter in the NE US, I had to "grill" indoors on my big George Forman grill....so, I used boneless chicken breasts instead of bone in. They took about 20 minutes to cook (on 375), instead of the 45 in the recipe. The family really liked the chicken, but we loved the rice. I've never made rice this way before, delicious (if more than a little decadent with all that butter! :) ). For some reason, the rice took a good 20 minutes longer than the recipe timing....I have no idea if it might have been my convection oven or perhaps my rice. I used Carolina rice which, honestly, I don't know if it is converted or not. ANYWAY, all came out wonderfully. Thanks! (Reviewed for Zaar tag)