Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
In "The Office Job" Elliot Spenser talks about the Unforgettable Sandwich. This is an attempt at the recipe he describes! We made it and it was FANTASTIC!
- Caramelize the onion in Ghee or Olive oil (about 30 minutes).
- Remove some of the dough from inside both sides of the bagel (optional).
- Toast the Bagels.
- Mix the cream cheese, chives, and minced garlic together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on both sides of toasted Bagel.
- Place many layers of Sliced Turkey on top (1/4 lb total on each).
- Place Sliced Havarti on top of turkey (or, you can use cheddar!).
- Place Sliced Tomato on top of Cheese.
- Top with caramelized onions.
- Place Bagel top on top.
- Wrap in Foil and place in pre-heated oven (400 degrees) for about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!