Recipe by Anthony Gougoutris
These are absolutely delicious, and easy to prepare!
Top Review by mishimoo
These are phenomenally good and I don't like most potato dishes. I don't follow the measurements exactly, just put in what I think is the right amount of ingredients according to how many potatoes I am cooking. I find that parboiling the potatoes makes them taste 1000% better too. They are also just as good if you don't marinate them. I would eat these every day if I could be bothered cooking them every day! Delicious hot or cold.
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes or 3 lbs other waxy potatoes, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth or 2 cups lamb stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut them in half (from medium size potatoes, quarter if large).
- Let them stand in water while preparing sauce.
- Combine all other ingredients in a gallon size"zipper" bag, and shake to combine.
- Dry off the potatoes, and put all of them in the bag and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the potatoes and marinade in a large casserole, preferrably a white pyrex, approximately 13 x 9 x 3 oval.
- Roast for 1hr 10min, turning occasionally.
- There should be plenty of sauce left over after roasting.
- You can put these under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp them up if you prefer.