Recipe by Grimm's Restaurant Tales
My Mother and Aunt used to eat these sandwiches when they were pregnant with my cousin and I. The recipe comes from a restaurant/pub called Ellington's that used to be in front of the courthouse in the Denton Square. Healthy and delicious!
Top Review by TexasHurricane
These are a nice light sandwich - perfect for hot days. Very easy to make. I had to make it twice though because my broiler burned the bread the first time I tried, so watch carefully!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- alfalfa sprout
- raw sliced mushrooms
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- plain plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast bread.
- On 1 pre-toasted slice of bread top mushrooms, followed by one slice of cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly.
- While first side is broiling cover remaining slice of toasted bread with yogurt and top with alfalfa sprouts.
- Smoosh 2 completed sides together and ENJOY!