1/1 Photo of Ellington Cupcake (Triple Chocolate Meltdown)
1 hr 30 mins
A Chocolate Cake usually only the rich can afford that is filled with molten chocolate that will blow your mind once you take the first bite. This one was Invented in Ellington, NY and is known for being one of the best cakes in the world, also it is known for being one of the hardest cakes to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heavily Butter and Flour 8 (6-ounce) ramekins (PS, use parchment paper too to help prevent cakes from sticking) and set aside.
- 2Over a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate, mixing until smooth. Mix in the sugar and transfer to a medium bowl. Mix in the eggs and flour until smooth.
- 3Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins about 2/3 full. Place 1 of the small chocolate squares right in the middle of each cake and press down with your fingers so it rests in the middle of the ramekin.
- 4Bake the cakes until slightly puffy and set around the edges, 20 to 25 minutes. When done, carefully invert onto small ceramic serving plates immediately, carefully remove the ramekin by tapping it lightly to loosen up the cake (this is the hardest part since the cake can easily break apart or get stuck in the ramekin, this is why i also recommended lining the bottom and sides of the ramekin with parchment paper.).
- 5Once on serving plate, sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top of cake and garnish with chocolate syrup if you want.
- 6If you want to serve it later, heat oven to lowest temperature (Most ovens are 150) and put the ceramic plates with cakes on them into oven for about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ellington Cupcake (Triple Chocolate Meltdown)
Serving Size: 1 (1423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 861.2
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.3 g
- Saturated Fat 40.1 g
- Cholesterol 273.7 mg
- Sodium 101.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
semisweet baking chocolate