Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 slices bacon, chopped 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; spread in a 15X10-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350°F stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until pecans are toasted and bacon is done.
- If nuts are browning faster than bacon, turn oven down 25*.
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt; stir to coat.
- Cool pecans, and store in refrigerator.
AWESOME RECIPE!! I used half the amount of bacon (but a thick cut type) and no butter. I made this in the microwave by cooking the nuts, bacon in 1 minute increments on high power until the bacon was crispy. I then allowed the to rest on paper towels after tossing with the sugar and salt and it's perfectly crispy (even on the next day). It's not quite sweet enough (for me) to counteract the flavor of the bacon, but that might be because I used date sugar instead of white cane sugar. Will try increasing the date sugar next time...
These are very tasty (bacon makes everything better, right?). I did turn the oven down after 10m and baked for a total of 30m, stirring every 10m. And I used brown sugar instead of white. My husband, the #1 bacon fan, went 'nuts' for these :)