Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have eaten this many times at my friend Ellie's house. Goes very well with pork. Thanks Ellie.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook onion and celery in melted butter until crisp-tender.
- Add in remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until heated well.