Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Low calarie fish recipe that tastes fried.
- Pam cooking spray or other cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 -4 teaspoons creole seasoning or 2 -4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 4 (4 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray Pam over the baking sheet.
- Combine garlic and milk in a bowl (or pie plate) set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, thyme, basil, lemon pepper, and cajun seasoning in a bowl (or pie plate), set aside Dip catfish filets in milk then in cormeal mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and sprinkle fish with paprika.
- Spray catfish with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20- 30 minutes, until the crust is golden and fish flakes easily.
Easy and very tasty! Will definitely make this one again.
We loved the thyme and basil combination on this fish. And it was a lot like fried without frying it. The breading is very good. Very easy and quick to make. I'll definitely make this again.
This was delicous! Because I didn't have two of the specified ingredients, I substituted garlic powder in place of fresh garlic, and Old Bay Seasoning instead of cajun seasoning. My husband thought it was still fabulous. I shall make this recipe again.