Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Interesting looking mousse recipe. Posting here to save it.
Make and share this Ellie Krieger's Dark Chocolate Mousse recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 1/3 ounce) package silken tofu, drained
- 3 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-processed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chocolate shavings
- In a blender or food processor, puree the tofu until it is smooth.
- Put the chopped chocolate, cocoa powder, 1/4 cup water and brandy in a saucepan or heat-proof bowl fitted over a pot containing 1-inch barely simmering water. Stir frequently, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Mix in 1/2 cup of sugar, a little at a time, until smooth.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the tofu and puree until smooth and well blended. Spoon the mousse into serving dishes, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Whip the cream with a beater. When the cream is almost completely whipped, add the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of sugar and finish whipping. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings and serve.
- Yield: 5 servings (serving size 1/2 cup of mousse, 1 tablespoon whipped cream and 1/4 teaspoon shaved chocolate.