Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Ellie Krieger's cookbook called 'So Easy.' This was a quick, healthy, sinfully delicious treat. I used dried cranberries too and got an equally good result!
- 1 cup whole almond, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60 percent to 70 percent cocoa) or 6 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped (60 percent to 70 percent cocoa)
- In medium bowl toss together almonds and cherries. Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt half of the chocolate in top of double boiler over slightly simmering water, on lowest possible heat setting. Stir chocolate frequently, making sure water in bottom pan does not touch top pan. Remove double boiler from heat. Stir in remaining chocolate until melted. Remove top pan and wipe water from bottom of pan; set aside To keep chocolate at the right temperature while making clusters, replace the simmering water in the bottom pan with warm tap water and place the pan of melted chocolate on top of the warm water.
- Stir fruit-nut mixture into chocolate. Spoon heaping tablespoon-size clusters of the chocolate mixture onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Refrigerate to cool and set, about 20 minutes. Store and serve at room temperature.
Easy AND delicious! "Nothin' could be finer . . ." And to think, these great little tasties are made with stuff I almost always have in the kitchen! Well certain be making these again, & I know of a handful of friends who would love 'em as a gift! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed for the special event All Aboard the L-O-V-E Train!]
These are AMAZING!!!! I think I'm going to start making these as gifts for dinner parties.
SO EASY and healthy!!!