Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be played with. You can use all, or just a few of the vegetables. Choice of pasta goes the same. I even tried it with tortollini and it was delicious. I just suggest that you DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ON THE DRESSING AND SALAD SEASONING. I have given out this recipe before and have to stress that since many did not use those. Using an assortment of peppers is great for the color.
- 1 lb pasta (speghetti, fusilli, spirals)
- 1 bottle wishbone robusto Italian dressing
- McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 bunch sliced scallion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (green, red, yellow, orange)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 chopped cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- Cook and drain pasta of your choice according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- May also place in an ice water bath.
- Toss pasta with 1/2 bottle salad seasoning, or to your taste.
- Add chopped veggies and dressing.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before seving.
As I was making this dish, my hubby came over and said that pasta salad was not his "favorite thing". Wrong!! He absolutely loved this, as did I. What wonderful flavors going on in this. You are right about not skimping on the dressing and seasoning -- we kept adding more and more of the salad seasoning and it really makes a difference. Thanks for this wonderful recipe for a hot summer afternoon!!!
I've been making this salad for years.. Everyone loves it! I demanded the recipe from an inlaw after she brought it to a picnic. I agree that the dressing and seasoning cannot be subsituted, but my salad dressing of choice is Wishbone Viva Italian. I dont use onions in this. Also, I add cauliflower, broccoli, black olives and I use cherry tomatoes due to so many not liking tomatoes. Sometimes I add a handfull of feta cheese just before serving and adding a cheese filled tortinelli pasta to the ragitoni makes it extra special. MY favorite salad of all time!
I've been making this for years. It's always a hit. I omit the cukes and add broccoli, cauliflower, a small can of sliced black olives and the occasional cubed sharp cheddar and cubed hard salami...I also use Zesty Italian... but the key is definitely the Salad Supreme Seasoning - at least 2 Tbls. and a squeeze of lemon for that fresh taste..Yum...