Recipe by chilepepper1231
This recipe can be played with. You can use all, or just a few of the vegetables. Choice of pasta goes the same. I even tried it with tortollini and it was delicious. I just suggest that you DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ON THE DRESSING AND SALAD SEASONING. I have given out this recipe before and have to stress that since many did not use those. Using an assortment of peppers is great for the color.
Top Review by Pianolady
As I was making this dish, my hubby came over and said that pasta salad was not his "favorite thing". Wrong!! He absolutely loved this, as did I. What wonderful flavors going on in this. You are right about not skimping on the dressing and seasoning -- we kept adding more and more of the salad seasoning and it really makes a difference. Thanks for this wonderful recipe for a hot summer afternoon!!!
- 1 lb pasta (speghetti, fusilli, spirals)
- 1 bottle wishbone robusto Italian dressing
- McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning
- 1 chopped red onion
- 1 bunch sliced scallion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper (green, red, yellow, orange)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 chopped cucumber (peeled and seeded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain pasta of your choice according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- May also place in an ice water bath.
- Toss pasta with 1/2 bottle salad seasoning, or to your taste.
- Add chopped veggies and dressing.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before seving.