Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favorite with all my family and friends. It's tried and true. More meat can be added, chile beans, also. There is never any of this salad left over.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bunches scallions, sliced
- 12 ounces shredded taco cheese
- crushed nacho flavor plain Doritos
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- Fry ground beef with onions until brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Add taco season and water, simmer until water is evaporated.
- Chill, Toss lettuce with red onions, tomatoes, scallions, meat and cheese.
- Just before serving toss with catalina dressing until coated, but not runny.
- Add doritos, or serve on the side so they don't get mushy.