I am not much of a baking lover so the few I do make have to be pretty good. I also like a crisp cookie and these really fit the bill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- 2Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, nutmeg and salt.
- 3Blend into creamed mixture to form a stiff cookie dough.
- 4Shape into balls the size of walnuts.
- 5Mix 1/4 cup sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl.
- 6Roll cookie balls in sugar mixture and place on greased baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- 7Flatten crisscross with a fork dipped in sugar mix.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes until light golden brown.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ellen's Favorite Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (1087 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 76.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g