Recipe by chilepepper1231
This recipe has been handed down through my whole family, my mother-in-law gave it to me, she got it from her sister, who got it from another sister and so on. The last time i served it for my sister-in-laws family reunion and got raves. I had to pass it along to her family too. Everyone went back for bowl after bowl.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 packages ramen noodles, crushed (discard packet)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Topping--melt butter in large skillet, brown sesame seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds and ramen noodles until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and cool.
- Dressing-- mix sugar, oil, vinegar and soy sauce in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar is disolved.
- Salad-- slice cabbage into ribbons and toss with green onions.
- To serve-- mound salad into bowl, sprinkle on desired amount of topping, and drizzle on desired amount of dressing.